EP 27: I hate dreaming

Last night I had a dream. It was one of those dreams that felt so real that you had no idea whether you were actually awake or not - yes, one of those. Unlike most of my dreams, I happen to remember the majority of what happened in this one. To make a long story short, let's just say that it's one of the best dreams to date - I was with the person whom I love, and that person loves me back - yes, I should have known it was a dream.

Usually you realize that a dream's a dream right when you wake up, or a moment after. This morning it took me about half an hour after waking up just to realize (and accept) that it was just a dream. Yes, the dream was so good that even after waking up, I refused to accept reality and hopelessly believed in the dream.

It's more than disappointing to be completely honest. I could tell that I was genuinely happy in that dream - something I rarely feel nowadays; and finally, after my inevitable acceptance of its fantastic nature, everything just fell apart - everything just crashed. I felt depressed.

This has happened quite a number of times in my lifetime. I have this scenario where the thing(s) and/or person(s) I've always wanted/needed appear in my life the way I want them to be... only to be destroyed by my waking eyes.

That is why I hate dreaming.

Oh, I'm not too fond of nightmares either.

0 comments:

Blog Links