EP 23: My Driver's License

Finally! (insert smiley)

After failing that wretched test twice, I finally came through! Only by a hair though.

The previous two attempts were downright heart-breaking. Failing in something you've been doing (I've been driving back in my homeland for about 4-5 years now) for a while can really hurt your ego - and it did, big time.

Fortunately, I was able to gather what's left of my pride and actually practiced just days prior to the third test date. The night before: I basically wasn't able to sleep just thinking about the test.

But alas, after a long-winded conversation post exam, my driving examiner (coincidentally the same one from the last time I failed with), actually passed me! It was one of the few genuinely happy moments I had this year, for real. I actually gave her a hug.

I almost failed though, due to yet again, a random pedestrian coming out of nowhere (we don't look out for pedestrians back in my homeland!). However, I think out of pity and goodwill, she passed me! And she probably felt touched that I actually remembered who she was considering she was one big fat bitch and no one really remembers big fat bitches.

Bottom line, I passed and I'm so glad that it's over with. I now got my full license and I can now go places I wasn't able to go to conveniently, or at all!

0 comments:

Blog Links