EP 26: On and Off

It's really funny how our "relationship" works out (wait, what relationship?). One day we would hang out, have a blast, talk non-stop, maybe flirt a little, and just laugh our heads off - and pretty much do whatever we please (not sex).

Then the days after would seem as if nothing happened at all. We barely talk (if ever we do), we don't talk about what transpired the day before, we just don't do anything. Fortunately, I am used to this kind of set up; however I can't help but notice its peculiarity.

As cliche as it sounds, it's just like an on-and-off switch. When we do talk and see each other - my world stops (I don't know about yours). On the other hand, after whatever interaction we do have - you just turn "off" (which rubs off me and consequently turns me "off" as well).

Another thing to note are the intervals. On average, we probably meet at least once a month, at most twice (which is relatively seldom) - thrice is very very rare (if happened at all).

This is probably one of the major reasons we don't run out of things to say, as well as one of the major reasons as to why we still hang out and talk three years and counting (unlike most other acquaintances).

Ironically, you once said that I was one of the handful people in your life whom you felt the most comfortable with. Honestly, I was really flattered and touched you said that; however it's just so counter-intuitive that we would have a set-up like this.

BUT I don't mind at all. As much as talking to you every day seems like a marvelous idea on my side, it would probably tire me out. There are times however (like now), when I just can't help but want your text, your call, or your message. I don't want to start, but if this keeps up, I probably would have to turn things "on" again. It's been 2 weeks already.

I don't know why, but I always long for that "on" phase.... maybe because I'm in love with you.

0 comments:

Blog Links