Episode 15: What the F?

I got my essay back for my critical analysis essay of a novel. The novel's name doesn't matter just as much as it isn't known. I got a Big Fat F.

At that very moment I wanted to strangle my professor senseless. As much as I respect him and his accomplishments, I strongly believe that his grade is questionable. I'm not being narcissistic at all, although at times I can be. It's just that I put in a lot of effort doing this assignment of his and I really don't feel I deserve a measly
"F."

Reading the novel alone was an arduous task considering that I don't really read novels of any kind. And coming up with a thesis only made matters worse. I won't even bother talking about the whole time-consuming process of completing the paper. Bottom line is, I worked my ass off.

This is a big blow to myself, to my ego, my self-esteem, and everything that lies in between. I like to write, I
love to write. I have a passion for writing. Although I'm no writer, and I didn't take any formal education in writing whatsoever, I express myself through writing more than anything.

But as cliche as it sounds, and in the words of the great Tupak Shakur: "
life goes on." And continue writing I shall.

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but what the F?!

2 comments:

  Anonymous

December 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM

the fish is so cute , hun~

  MJ

December 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM

thanks. haha

Blog Links