Episode 13: The Nostalgic Musician



Straight up, I miss my band. It's been more than 2 years since the last time we played together. And the distance doesn't help at all. I don't see myself starting a new band mainly because here in Canada, the whole idea of a "rock band" isn't at all as widespread and popular as in the Philippines.

I just miss the feeling, the passion, and the intensity of having to perform in front of a huge (more often than not, small) crowd without holding back whatsoever. I just miss the company of my bandmates as we used to travel from place to place dragging our precious second rate musical instruments with us, just to manifest our presence even for just 5minutes. I miss the countless hours of practice in the studio, the thrill of composing a new song, or simply the random inside jokes we endlessly shared. I miss them all.

Here is the one and only video of our band playing our favorite and most popular song: The Yahoo Song.This is an amateur video and as you will notice you won't really see me at all.



And recently I just "made" a video for one of my favorite originals. It's basically the lyrics of the song with a translation in English since it was sung in our native language.



These two are my favorite originals and there hasn't been a day when I don't listen to either of these songs. They bring nostalgia, they bring hope, they bring happiness, and of course, they bring music to my ears.

So here's to you my band, for all the good times, the bad times, and the senseless times, all are cherished.

1 comments:

  Anonymous

December 3, 2008 at 10:09 PM

aaaaawwwwwwwwww...im sad =(

Blog Links